• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1985 xj upgrades

Yea i got ya,

Well the first thing you can do is a lift,
Theres lots of places to get lift kits,
You can try Rubicon Express, OME, Skyjacker. and others.
And tires is another upgrade, but i wouldnt worry about them until you decide on a lift..
Also theres other upgrades like axles,armor,SYE,(depending on lift),wheels,gearing,engine.....

you cant put a body lift into an xj since the are a uni-body construted vehicle. the only options you have is a suspensionlift which is far better anyways. you could go with a 2 inch budget boost which arnt to expensive and then run 30's but i've heard that you can fit 31's with some trimming.

If you wanted a cheap lift....go to a wrecker and get 90-92, f-250 coils, they fit fine in the front, lift about 2.5"s for about $30 And a good cheap rear end lift, would be Dakota, or S-10 leaves will fit in the back and raise it a few inches.

And you can easily fit 31's with a 2" budget boost.
I have pics if you need them from when i had a 2" lift

For a budget boost you can pick up some 2" spacers from an automotive shop for around $40-50
and Put a set of blocks in the rear, for a TEMP lift!!! they'll fawk up your rear leaves if you leave them in permanantly.

i have pics from when mine had a 2" lift with 31's if you want to see what it looks like

I wouldn't recommend the 2.8 as a DD especially if you are traveling long distance/high speeds. I have one and have dumped a lot of money into it (3.4 engine conversion, lift, etc) and part of me wishes I would have a 4.0 for dependablility. If you are looking for a DD, I personally would go with a 4.0 model

just my $.02
Clay

Well with the f-250 coils and spacers in the front, its about a 3.5-4" lift, and you can fit 33's with fender trimming,
Heres what mine looked like with about a 4" and 33's and fender cutting...

jeeps.jpg

Back