• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand Cherokee springs?

MyJeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was reading the Rock Ready (?) site about the new coil springs and added spring pack for a 2-3" lift...

I was wondering, what year Grand Cherokee would I need to replace my XJ springs with to acheive 2" lift?

Im thinking this would be a better route for the front, shackles for the rear.

TIA,
Andrew

cjwalkeriii said:
mid to late 90's zj with a 5.2 or 5.9? engine. If you do a search you will find a lot of info on this.

Ditto.

I just put some from a 96 Grand with a 5.9 in my 88 MJ and they raised the front a little more than 2", but my stock springs were very tired.

I got mine from AutoZone. Cost me 73 bucks for brand new coils and i had them in three days. That is the easiest way to get a good set of springs quickly (and cheap, for 2" of lift)

Lazarus,

What part number did you order from Autozone?

Also, you netted 2" over your "tired" stock springs. Any measurements to determine how much over the nominal stock measurement (17.5" front) you are sitting now?

I put a set of mid 90s (96?) V-8 Grand Cherokee springs in the front of my XJ almost 2 years ago. They only gave me 1” of lift, but my front coils were still good and I have a pretty heavy front bumper/brush guard.

joehiker said:
Lazarus,

What part number did you order from Autozone?

Also, you netted 2" over your "tired" stock springs. Any measurements to determine how much over the nominal stock measurement (17.5" front) you are sitting now?

I don't remember the part number but as I said above they were for a '96 grand with a 5.9

The way I measured the difference was I measured from the top of the tire up to the stock fender. Before the swap I had about an inch of space with 30's, and now I have 3 1/4"

LazarusMJ said:
I don't remember the part number but as I said above they were for a '96 grand with a 5.9

The way I measured the difference was I measured from the top of the tire up to the stock fender. Before the swap I had about an inch of space with 30's, and now I have 3 1/4"

Thanx much! Ill check that out...
Andrew

RE says that ZJ springs add 1" more lift to XJ. I have there 4.5" ZJ springs and did in fact see a 5.5" lift over OEM stock height.

I´ve got Rustys 4.5" ZJ coils, they give me about 6".
I´ll replace them with 7.5" TJ coils from RE soon and hope to get around 6.5-7" with a ARB bumper, a Warn 9.5XP and dual batteries under the hood.

I only got about .75"-1" out of coils from a V8 Grand Cherokee at a boneyard. No idea on year/motor size. I put them with a 1.75" coil spacer for a 2.5" lift. I also have a real heavy bumper.

Back