• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pitman arm question

wascobi

NAXJA Forum User
last year I put a steering box from an '00 on my '90. it was buggered so it was replaced with another box from an '00. both of these replacement boxes came with the pitman arms attached. at the same time the Y linkage was replaced with V8 ZJ components. ever since the first box was installed I am getting feedback from every bump on the road. everything is tight underneath. I even installed a CROK kit, OME stabilizer and an RE 1600. no change. should I have installed a ZJ pitman as well?

The feed back most likely isnt a function of the steering box, it is most likely bump steer. Caused by the track bar, drag link geometry. There is a difference between power steer and non-power steering pitman arms, but if power steering, the boxes/pitman arms should be the same.

fix the relation ship between the track bar and the ZJ drag link and the bump steer will go away.

D

Back