• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford Dana 44 Brakes

MrShoeBoy

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of swaping in a Ford HP Dana 44 into the front of my XJ and am having problems with finding the little bracket/piece that holds the caliper into the caliper bracket. I tried looking at several part stores but they give me the dumb deer caught in the headlights look. Anybody know where I can get these parts?

Thanks,

AARON

That always happens on non standard brake issues. Go shopping at your local salvage yard. I had to yesterday to pick up parts for rear discs on a dana 60, ended up pulling parts from an 89 chevy for brackets and 2000 chevy for rear disc brake rubber lines and wrapped solid lines and the T flex line to the system then banjo bolts from an 85 and it actually works...go shopping at your local junk yard

The few yards that are local to me really dont have that good of a selection. They get picked over pretty well. I have been looking for Ford axles front axles for the last year or so and have seen nothing. I guess I will have to go searching again.

Thanks,

AARON

MrShoeBoy said:
The few yards that are local to me really dont have that good of a selection. They get picked over pretty well. I have been looking for Ford axles front axles for the last year or so and have seen nothing. I guess I will have to go searching again.

Thanks,

AARON

check out th 2x trucks too the brake parts you search for might be the same

Did you try NAPA? I know they have them. Had to buy a few myself. In fact I will go see if I have an extra. Is your front end a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton??

Hans

I found them at Napa. I forgot the part number but they have them. This was for a 1/2 ton front dana 44. Just ask for the caliper keys.

AARON

Back