• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hybrid Brakes

Captain Ron

NAXJA Forum User
brake1.jpg

brake2.jpg

TQE Racing custom hybrids. Excellent for downhill applications. Availble in '09.

Looking for some WCGIC or URF guys to really give them a thorough testing. :D

--ron

What exactly is so special about these...they look like any other late model GM truck brakes?

Did I miss something?

Will it work on an 8.8?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Try again...

for a ford 8.8 you'd want the 8.8 discs. not these.
Same goes for chevy. which these are not.
JohnX said:
What exactly is so special about these...they look like any other late model GM truck brakes?

Did I miss something?

Just looks like the handbrake shoes to me like inside a ZJ rear discs. There is no wheel cylinders at all so cant be anything else I would think. Rotor just fits over the shoes for the caliper to operate on as per normal rear setup.

Gojeep said:
Just looks like the handbrake shoes to me like inside a ZJ rear discs. There is no wheel cylinders at all so cant be anything else I would think. Rotor just fits over the shoes for the caliper to operate on as per normal rear setup.
Ding, Ding, Ding.

Rawbrown said:
Ding, Ding, Ding.

That's what I said....but I COMPARED it to GM's version...not any difference at all.

SO....what's so special?...they've been around for years.

JohnX said:

Did I miss something?

Yep.

In an all out effort to cut all wieght, TQE has determined that rotors or drums are completely unessesary with this application.

Still have plenty of spots for testers. :D

--ron

Perfect for a new event in the x games....

XJ street luge :woohoo:

Is there a limit on tire size?

Captain Ron said:
Yep.

In an all out effort to cut all wieght, TQE has determined that rotors or drums are completely unessesary with this application.

--ron

May as well lose the calipers too then. And the fluid lines associated with.

:)

Back