• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will they fit?

Not if you have fenders!!!!!!!!!!It would mean some radical cutting.

A lower center of gravity is a good thing. Sawzall blades are cheep, but if you ever sell the XJ, you'll never get away passing it off as " only taken on dirt roads occasionally".

U turns may still take a little more room.

If it's a true 4.5" lift (like RE or similar) it will fit 33's with some trimming. You dont have to go radical and cut out your whole wheel well, just trim front & back of the wheel well openings. But they will fit.

vintagespeed said:
If it's a true 4.5" lift (like RE or similar) it will fit 33's with some trimming. You dont have to go radical and cut out your whole wheel well, just trim front & back of the wheel well openings. But they will fit.

They are 14" wide!!! + 10" wheels = major trimming or major bumpstops. I think it's a great idea to do it, but be prepared to cut.

XJCHUCK72 said:
They are 14" wide!!! + 10" wheels = major trimming or major bumpstops. I think it's a great idea to do it, but be prepared to cut.
What's the backspacing on the wheels? He may be mis-measuring the tire width, what brand 33" tire is 14" wide? Are they Swampers?

im pretty sure they are swampers and it says on the side of the tire 33x14x15. i got no prob with cutting just dont wanna have to cut the entire fenders out.

scot said:
i got no prob with cutting just dont wanna have to cut the entire fenders out.

Then don't run those tires.

What IS the backspacing on the rims, anyway?

No one has mentioned the wear/tear your also going to put on the unit bearings and the ball joints!If its just a grocery getter youlll probably be alright.

vintagespeed said:
What's the backspacing on the wheels? He may be mis-measuring the tire width, what brand 33" tire is 14" wide? Are they Swampers?

They'd be SS Boggers, all the rest of the SS's are 14.5 wide. Those outer lugs on those will do some real damage to whatever they rub against.
Mike B.

Ahhh, who would want to run Boggers on a street rig?

Back