• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

battery

mgt

NAXJA Member #653
trying to fit aan optima battery in the xj, my mech said it won't fit with the side terminals because it is to close to the cruise control?
any ideas

lose the cruise control =)

No, I would need to make custom mounts, the side posts will not fit because the cruise control mod is there. I don't have the time to figure out and move things around.

:D I put my new optima red top in about 5 hours ago :D
Top and side posts, no interference with the cruise control servo.

I have the red top in mine, no CC but it fits with room to spare. I may be able to help....let me know if you want help, and where in the area you are.

Rev

Oh...welcome to the 'burbs.

Blue top marine in my 96, had to open bottom of battery tray for it to fit.Not in the way of the CC.
Wayne

Fits fine in my '99 with cruise control...what is the deal with teh side terminals? Why do you need them? Mine just sit there all lonely....

I also have the Optima in mine, red top duel post in my 88'. No problems for space. The side post are for accessories like an amp, lights, alarm, whatever you have that you don't want on the terminals. I only have my ARB compressor wired to the side post and everything else is on the terminals. Choice is up to you. Juice

I know you can use them for all sortsa stuff aside from the winch, but he seems to really be concerned about clearance...worst case scenario is that you just run the acc of the tops right?

TOCOVR your right, rember this is a 99 xj , alot of thing have been moved by the factory from even a 97 or earlier.

Back