• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Key off but still running?

Konrad

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I don't know what the hell happened. Yesterday I parked it and went to shut it off by turning the key, I even took it out and the motor was still running. Eventually I had to take a fuse out cause it wouldn't stop. Any ideas what could this be?
thanks in advance

what do u drive and where are u in central ct?

Sounds to me like it's either possesed or your rig is trying to tell you to take it wheelin' !!! Seriously though, it sounds like yo may have a bad key switch. (not the ignition switch under the dash)

im still in the process of tracing it and i think it's leading me to the headlight switch. the headlight switch burned out, so no instrument panel lights, it might be shorting something out with the ignition. ill find out tomorrow
thanks

yea ive got a '90 and about 4 yrs ago it was doin the same thing to me. It eventually went away after a few weeks. But all in all nothin bad happend to the jeep.
-Austin

Back