• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another lift question

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97XJ to start. Last weekend I put in a Daystar BB, 1 3/4 spacers for the front and 1" shackles for the rear if your unfamiliar with the kit. I also had 2 new BFG AT 30's put on the front, and 2 older used ones put in the rear.

Now first off I'm getting the driveline vibes between 30-40mph. Common from the searching I've done. This is remadied by the SYE or TC drop brackets correct?

Second, the lift doesnt look level to me. The rear looks lower. I would like to replace the front springs with ZJ springs, and bring my front lift up a bit more. Now an oldskool jeeper who works in the machine shop at work said he'll make me some blocks if I want. Now with the ZJ coils and the 1 3/4 spacers how should I have the blocks made? Should they be tapred to help with the driveshaft angle? These are custom made to order, so what should I have him do if anything? Or do you think I'm better off making a bastard leaf pack, and if so which leafs should I use for roughly 1-1.5". S-10 leafs give too much lift for me from what I've read,so tell me what you think is best.

Now my third issue is the fact that my Jeep is m DD. A weekend is all I can afford for down time. Also I'm building a Nissan 240sx and thats taking all my wrenching time and money. I'm working with what the guys at work can make me for free. I'm not really lookinf for the cheapest way out, just the most practical for my situation.

Check your u joints. Mine seem to have gone bad real quick after I put that same kit on my 99.
New u joints and my vibe went away and has not been back.

Driveshaft u-joints often show up as vibrations after a lift because the operating angle has changed. Replace them.

Bump, What about having custom blocks made? Someone here must be a machinest, what should I do about having free custom blocks made?

I'll take a look at the u-joints this weekend, I think those will be Saturdays project.

just buy tapered solid steel lift blocks, in the height you need. dirt cheap, easy to install, will help with driveline angle... you're done!

Back