• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock rails

rock ratz has them. It doesnt seem like they would have to much strength though. Maybe just to prevent the occasional rock form srtching the paint on your rockers. I seem to remember a picture where they did basically the same thing with angle iron, and it didnt work so good. I dont think they could open the doors after they came down on a rock. HTH

scott

Actually, the JJUSA versions sit more flush to the contours of the rocker. At any rate, here's a link from JP Magazine http://jpmagazine.com/projectbuild/86278/index3.html
I thought about going that route, then I bought a cheap gasless wire-feed welder and 10ft. of 2x2x11 ga. (1/8") box and 5ft. of 1.5x1.5x11ga. box for a total of $200. Consumables and some angle iron set me back another $25. But, I now have the ability to do stuff myself.

Back