• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what engine

MattsXj

NAXJA Forum User
a buddy of mine has a bronco with a rebuilt 302 in it with a new tranny. he said he would sell the whole bronco to me for $1000 and the engine and tranny have less than 500 miles on them. my question is since im pretty sure i have blown the pistion seals and more should i take him up on his offer and switch in the 302 to my cherokee(its a 93 with a 4.0 stock) or should i try a chevy small block. i am just trying to find the easiest way to fix this. i figgured since im goin to spend money then why not upgrade.

so its a 302 or a chevy small block or rebuild the 4.0

-Matt

MattsXj said:
a buddy of mine has a bronco with a rebuilt 302 in it with a new tranny. he said he would sell the whole bronco to me for $1000 and the engine and tranny have less than 500 miles on them. my question is since im pretty sure i have blown the pistion seals and more should i take him up on his offer and switch in the 302 to my cherokee(its a 93 with a 4.0 stock) or should i try a chevy small block. i am just trying to find the easiest way to fix this. i figgured since im goin to spend money then why not upgrade.

so its a 302 or a chevy small block or rebuild the 4.0

-Matt
Bigger is not always better, lots of work and money is needed to put the 302 in and a 4.0 stroker would be better.

For about the 1000 bucks your buddy wants, you could go to your local parts store, buy a master gasket set, a crank and connecting rods from a 4.2 litre and build your self a cheap stroker. This is a good budget way to get more performance while keeping the reliability and simplicity of your Jeep

what year is the bronco

sell the XJ for parts - 500 or so, and wheel the bronco...

yea i wish i could wheel the bronco but the rear end is messed up and he has no idea what is wrong. also i love wheelin my jeep and thanks for the post im just going to keep the 1000 and build a stroker

find a low mileage 4.0 motor from the junk yard prob the cheepest way to go and it will bolt right in

Back