• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yup...a lift ??

red91

NAXJA Forum User
In lining everything up for next weekend, With the RE 4.5 junk I've bought, I've found that the stock UCA bolts in the rear, don't fit as well as I thought they would. They have a little play back and forth.

I bought some grade 8 from a local company, and they too are a little on the playful side...so...

1.) are they useable like that ? worries me some,
2.) if not, WHAT 'XACTLY do i go and get ?

Thanks for all the help once again gentlemen.

the stock UCA frame side bolts worked well with my RE SF joints in my arms...

do they still wiggle a lot when you tighten them down?

what is with the tech rabbi?

XJ_ranger said:
the stock UCA frame side bolts worked well with my RE SF joints in my arms...

do they still wiggle a lot when you tighten them down?

what is with the tech rabbi?

haven't done it yet...next saturday..

I have some grade 8 that I'd rather use that were a little loose (not much), and I thought it odd...until i took the factory rear bolts out and wa-laa !...same thing.

I want to do it once....and once only. :D

Aren't you doing DBs as well? Don't worry about the stock size ones then since you're going to drill a 1/2" hole there anyway.

Yucca-Man said:
Aren't you doing DBs as well? Don't worry about the stock size ones then since you're going to drill a 1/2" hole there anyway.

No DB's yucca...

mabye if i get some more $....itching to go with what i got now...had the crap for 4 months...its time.

:flame:

you sir are the burn master

Rabbi do you have access to metric bolts (i think the are 10.?) they are equivalent to grade 8's and you might find a better fit...

jrsxj98 said:
Rabbi do you have access to metric bolts (i think the are 10.?) they are equivalent to grade 8's and you might find a better fit...

yeah got a "nut and bolt" house in portland....I'll take the arm there next week...

metric grade 10 ?

red91inWA said:
yeah got a "nut and bolt" house in portland....I'll take the arm there next week...

metric grade 10 ?

I can't remember exactly there 8.8 which are basically a grade 5 and then a 10.something that is the same as a grade 8. I had to pick one up at the John Deere stealership for my RE trackbar.

jrsxj98 said:
I can't remember exactly there 8.8 which are basically a grade 5 and then a 10.something that is the same as a grade 8. I had to pick one up at the John Deere stealership for my RE trackbar.

sounds good...got a john deere guy out in the sticks around here too...no problem.

Back