• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kumho Tires

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
I went to get a set of tires put on my wifes xj this afternoon but the guy didn't have the BFG's T/A KO's (31x1050) I wanted in stock. He said he could order them or give me a set of Kumho Road Venture's or Winston Winner AT's for about 200 cheaper since he has them in stock, and he was turning his store over to strictly BFG's and needed to get rid of them. You guys had any experience with any one of these. Particularly the Kumhos thanks

I cant remember exactly about the kumho road ventures....thats what i had on my last xj before i lifted it, brand new....i HATED them, they were nothing special in snow, and the made the highest pitch noise over 40mph ive heard in my life from a tire. Now if your talking about the MT that kumho makes....thats much better, thats what i put on it after i lifted it and i was able to do anything my buddy w/ the bfg mt's was able to do. LOL best part was he paid 140/tire for the bfg mt and i paid 86 for the kumho mt. Good luck w/ your decision.

I tried to convince my wife to get MT's but she said the road to the grocery store was paved, LOL so I guess I'll have to settle for AT's. Someone said Kumho was made by Bridgestone or some othe larger company can't remember anyone know?

Well seeing that I can't find anything on the Winstons and the Kumhos look pretty decent, I guess that would be my best bet. You guys must not run them, there hasn't been alot of suggestions.

A put a pair of the Kumho Venture AT 825 on my wifes Explorer mainly because she doesn't do that much driving, they were not very expensive($55 each on tirerack.com) and the reviews on tirerack were pretty good.

They are a little noisy but other than that they are not bad.

There's no snow here so I can't tell you how they perform.

MAP

mgreen84 said:
Someone said Kumho was made by Bridgestone or some othe larger company can't remember anyone know?
I've driven past the massive Kumho factory; as I recall it's about 45 minutes south of Osan... They've been in business since 1960 and I'm pretty sure they aren't foreign-owned (foreign as in from the Korean viewpoint).

Kumho makes its own tires. They're decent in the snow, and fine for daily driving. Just don't expect to go anywhere off pavement with them.

Back