• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE vs Tom Woods

my driveshaft now isn't broken, just with the 4.56 and 32's its spinning faster, and the slip yoke has some play in it, causing vibration. so i need a new driveshaft to fix the vibes, and carry the old as spare. i prefer to go new parts instead of the junkyard route. anyone have experience with either? warranties, quality? i can get the RE one for $30 cheaper, is the TW shaft worth the extra $30.

I cant personally speak for the RE shafts, but I can tell you that I have had TW shafts in every XJ I've built without a single problem, they also have every option that you could possably think of.
One option that does not cost any extra (atleast if you buy it in an SYE kit)
that I always get is the larger diameter tubing which also helps to reduce vibes at highway speeds.

I vote TW. I think RE actually outsources theirs but i'm not 100%. TW has excellent customer service. I had a bad output seal and TW sent me a new one, no questions asked except year, make, model. Also sent me a hat! I'm going to be getting a new front DS this spring since mine has play as well and it will be TW all the way.

RE does outsource their driveshafts. i am not exactly sure as to where they get them though. anyone else have experiences with either company? pros and cons.

RE outsources their shafts - they get them from Driveline Service Corp in Sacramento. From the problems I've had with an RE shaft I'd say go with the Tom Woods if you don't just get a stock unit.

It would be hard to beat TW'S shafts and the customer service is outstanding.

Yucca-Man said:
RE outsources their shafts - they get them from Driveline Service Corp in Sacramento. From the problems I've had with an RE shaft I'd say go with the Tom Woods if you don't just get a stock unit.

x2

ive owned both

i like the TW better - better quality pieces and i havent killed it yet...

that said - my next front driveshaft will be from High Angle Driveline

Back