• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rims rims and more rims

waggy

NAXJA Forum User
ok well here is the deal . i just got 31x10.5x15 and they look like ass on the stock rims , not to mention they rub like crazy when the wheel is clocked all they way . so here is the problem . rims .. i want the are 767 style ( the knockoff ones are what i am looking at ) or the white wagon wheel type (wagon wheels on a wagoner it just works ) . so i need to know what is the best way to go . if i go with 15x8 should i go with a 3.75 backspacing or go to a 3.50 (and get a wider track ). if i go with 15x10 how will they look with the 31x10.5x15. and what backspacing should i go with if i get the 15x10
agrrrr ...... any help

First of you dont want 10". especially if you are gonna wheel and go offroad. Most people will tell you stick with a 8" wheel. I run 8" with 3.75 BS on my 35x12.50's if that helps any.

im running 32 11.50 bfg's, with 3.75 backspacing. it gives it a nice stance, and clears the fenders pretty nicely at 3.5 inches of lift with some fender trimming. i would either go with 3.75 or 4 inch backspacing on a 15x8 wheel. depending on your lift you will have to trim the front fenders a little to be able to turn the wheel all the way.

i have an 4 inch lift right now and i have allready trimmed the fenders down . got rid of the stock fender flares and have a set of tj ones ready to go on . has anyone ever done 3.50 backspacing for more track ?

Try using the stock steel wagon wheels from a '70s' era Dodge 1/2 ton truck- 5 on 41/2" patttern, and around 3 1/2" BS. Usually DIRT CHEAP in a junk yard, since nobody wants anything to do with the crappy D44 axle that Dodge was using. ( you think XJ/MJ unit bearing hubs suck? Try crapping one of those freaky D44 hubs, and then TRY to find parts to put it back together again.) FIW, I got 5 wheels for $20, so that beats buying new ones at almost twice the price just for one. You can also sometimes find these wheels on vans and 2wd trucks, also.

Last edited:
not a bad idea , just finding a truck like that might be a bit of a problem . up here in canada they rust out fast so finding one might be a challenge .

You can also use the wheels off of a Ford Ranger or Aerostar minivan. The only thing that you have to watch is the hub opening on some of those wheels is a little bit small, so either open the hub ( only need to do this where the "corner" is in the opening-look at the hub on a Ford wheel, and you will see what I mean) or just let it ride, but be ready to use a BFH to knock the wheel loose next time that it has to cime off ( something about seeing an all most new set of tires on wheels that fit, and then trying to take them off again to switch rims is how I found out about the BFH part. LOL)

Back