• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pack Stacking

Dragline

NAXJA Forum User
This all started when I decided to add a leaf from another stock XJ pack to my sagging Jeep. It turns out after measuring, I'm not sagging as bad as I thought I was. I got a set of stock springs from a boneyard but I couldn't get the main spring with the eyes off of the donor vehicle. I've been told if I add a leaf like this, if it is not as long as the main leaf that is on there now, I might as well not even bother. So I went back and tried to get the main leafs off the donor again but they still wouldn't budge. However, I did manage to get the full pack from a Dakota. I figure if I'm going to go through all of this trouble, I may as well get a little lift out of it. So now I have the following:

1.) The stock pack on my XJ now (sagging about 1/2").
2.) An extra set of stock XJ springs (minus the main w/ the eyes).
3.) A full set of Dakota springs with the overload.

My aim is to get about 2" - 3" of lift. My question is what is the best way to stack the leafs to achieve this. Obviously I'll need to cut off the eyes of the main leaf of the Dakota pack and use that immediately under the main XJ leaf that is on there now, but how should I stack the rest of the pack to get where I want to be. I realize I may have to use a little trial and error, but I'm looking for a good starting point. It's a '92 w/ 4.0

Last edited:
I saw your thread. (I actually do use the search button) Maybe I read it wrong, but I was under the impression that the Dakota main alone would only net about 1". That minus the 1/2" I'm sagging now only gives me 1/2". If you have already added the leaf, what did you actually net??

Dragline said:
I saw your thread. (I actually do use the search button) Maybe I read it wrong, but I was under the impression that the Dakota main alone would only net about 1". That minus the 1/2" I'm sagging now only gives me 1/2". If you have already added the leaf, what did you actually net??

In my thread I'm talking about an extra XJ mainleaf. I've read that the dakota mainleaf will add 2”-2.5” by itself and the whole dakota pack under the existing XJ main will add 3.5”-4.5”. You just have to try and see. If you haven't already go back to my thread , reread what XJ_ranger and Eagle have to say and search using the keywords XJ_ranger suggests.

Back