• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help asap with JJ on trackbar

1993xjwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
hey i just bought a currie (same as jks) trackbar for my xj....it is however the 'jeepspeed' version which has a bigger 5/8 bolt vs. a 9/16 bolt like the standard bar uses....

basically, the bolt nor the trackbar itself does not have a zerk fitting and so the only way to grease it would be to take it apart.

after input from others i was recommended i could drill out the track bar head (the frame, JJ side) and install a zerk fitting. so basically im trying to figure out what exactly the inside of the JJ looks like without having to mess with removing it, because i drilled a hole through the metal but the bushing runs up all the way to the metal. i was hoping it would have a small gap where the two sides of the bushing go in which would allow grease to go all the way to around the JJ itself where it touches the bushing. hopefully this makes sense.

so does any body know what the inside looks like, do the bushing go all the way to eachother leaving no gap?

if so should i just drill through the bushing until i reach the metal of the JJ, which makes me wonder how tight the JJ fits with the bushing and if grease would go all the way around or just fill in the hole i drilled...

hopefully all this makes sense and some of you have some ideas as i need to get this installed by tomarrow. TIA

Sounds like you have the wrong bolt. The adjustable JKS trackbar I had used a cross- and gun-drilled bolt for grease the spherical joint.

I got 2.5" johnny joints for my control arms, the bushings overlap each other and they are formed so they lock together. I dont think you are going to be able to drill through the bushing without cutting up the spherical part, which would lead to premature bushing wear, I would think. You could always try it and see how long the bushing lasts... And then post up so the rest of us know whether it can be done or not

Just call Currie and ask for the greasable bolt.

HTH

Back