• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chevy shackles for the rear. Whats the length?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 MJ, and was going to go with the chevy shackle route for rear lift. Does anyone know what the length of these shackles is? From the bushing end hole to the bolt hole that will go into the spring? That way I can figure how much lift theyll give me.

Or any other better ideas for lift? I dont want to do a AAL, I like the flex I have, and dont really want to buy all new Ubolts and all that stuff.

Did you want the measurement before or after this happens?
chevyshackle.jpg

Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
Did you want the measurement before or after this happens?
chevyshackle.jpg

Billy

That's the first pic I thought of when I saw this post.

Fordyce... Poomba... longest wheeling day of my life...

The Chevy shackle works to lift an XJ, not an MJ. A couple of years ago I bought a pair of Chevy Z-71 shackles (as far as I know I got real Z-71 shackles, dunno for sure) and they were a whopping 1/8" longer than my stock MJ shackles. I wasn't going to go through the work of swapping shackles to get 1/16" of lift, so I gave them to someone in NAXJA who had an XJ and wanted to do the Z-71 thing.

I used the chevy two inch drop shackle. Not the factory shackle. It is longer, I will try to get a measurement for you. It definatley does give you lift.

I am using Chevy 2" drop shackles on my XJ (to help kill the already mortally ill stock leafs) as a temporary fix until I get new packs installed... at that point I'll use MJ shackles...

XJ shackles are 3" O<->O
MJ shackles are 4.5" O<->O (the extra 1.5" = -+0.75" lift on an XJ)
Chevy 2" drops are 6.5" O<->O (the extra 3.5" = -+1.75" on an XJ, or -+1" on an MJ) Note these have no dog-leg to them... look just like an XJ or MJ shackle, but longer eye<->eye.

With that logic, the stock XJ shackles on a stock MJ would = -+ 0.75" drop :D

I got mine through Summit www.summitracing.com part # SUM-G756 @ $45.99

Thanks for getting the measurements....I got my drop shackles for Performance auto parts (i think) for like $26-$27 bucks. I hope this helps.

Back