• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keyless acting up

MattS

NAXJA Forum User
Over the last few days my keyless has been tempermental. It's like the batteries are weak in the remote. It will unlock when it wants to. I replaced the batteries last night and still get the same result. I have noticed that when I finally get it to unlock/lock it will work fine until the next time I try to use it. Any ideas are welcomed.

I had the same problem with my 2000 XJ remote. I just cleanned it up real good and make sure it does not get anything on it. I still have the problem but only like once every two weeks. I also got two new ones on ebay and they work great all the time. It might be time for a new remote.
Alex

2000XJSPORT said:
I had the same problem with my 2000 XJ remote. I just cleanned it up real good and make sure it does not get anything on it. I still have the problem but only like once every two weeks. I also got two new ones on ebay and they work great all the time. It might be time for a new remote.
Alex

How did you get the replacements to work with your Jeep?

When I got my oil changed at the local Jeep dealer, I asked if they could be progamed. It was nice because it was for no charge. Jeep remotes are hard to program and require the dealers computer.
Alex

I sometimes have the same issue on my 2k. I have found if I lock the doors with the switch on the door that I have more trouble with it. Also when I can't get them to unlock with the remote I hit the lock button then the unlock button which usualy works 99% of the time.

Back