• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another bored TB question

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched the hell out of this. I've got a 2001 xj, 4.0, AW4, and i've read on this "new" of a cherokee you can do a straight 60mm bore and still keep the stock butterfly?? Can anyone shed some light? thanks

The TB tapers down from 60mm to something else after the butterfly. boring to 60mm is just making it a straight shot. IIRC. I have not done this mod yet.

Last edited:
Chrysler FI throttle bodies (91-06) can be bored from 55mm after the butterfly to 60mm with out the need for a new butterfly. Some folks even take the time to put the Renix FI (87-90) sensors on the Chrysler FI TBs.

--Matt

egon said:
Chrysler FI throttle bodies (91-06) can be bored from 55mm after the butterfly to 60mm with out the need for a new butterfly. Some folks even take the time to put the Renix FI (87-90) sensors on the Chrysler FI TBs.

--Matt

what is teh advantage of the renix sensor?

Back