• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Half doors coming along....

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Got some work done on the first half door. Turning out alright so far. What do you think of the reused handle? Its cheap and effective, thoughts?
I have found that sheetmetal is thin and hard to weld right, I had to do a fair share of hole filling tonight, but its getting easier as I go....
e0f043cd.jpg

1d16dead.jpg

faeba243.jpg

the inside edge....
38787dbf.jpg

Should have it done next week sometime, then onto the next one.
I still need one more set of hinges for these. ANyone have a set of 96 and down hinges laying around?

almost like mine,
DSCN0404.jpg

difference being i loped off the window frames too, the door latch is the rod at the top in the back of the door
DSCN0453.jpg

the rears will be done after my kids get bigger, but i have them cut already, just not installed.

i have been in a drizzle and it wasn't bad.i wouldn't want to be in a down pour.even then around here give it 20 to 30 minutes the sun will be back out.you will be dry in minutes once it does.

i'm aslo thinking about making a lexan piece that will drop in the window frame that i left .

I am geting custom canvas pieces made at my local marina upholstery place. They will snap in place. Should work pretty slick.....

Progress on my heep is slow coming now that it is off getting its cage...
Half doors are almost done. Leaving to get canvas covers this weekend. And yes, I did try to paint them a little in the cold before I aksed the quesiton, so that is why they look like butt....
5086ffcf.jpg

Also making progress on the rear axle. It leaves to get narrowed tomorrow night.
72f61324.jpg

Can you say 35 spline? aww yeah.....
113312cd.jpg

Since Everyone is posting progress I may as well also. Here are some pics of my half doors.
I just got them back from upholstery and they turned out rad. I am stoked about them. I am certainly going to have this guy do my soft top for the back as well. I should have these on teh jeep by tomorrow. They arent painted yet, as I figure I should just paint them at the same time I paint the whole thing...
978a5527.jpg

5f99f0b3.jpg

sold!...how much shipped to.....:D

How exaclty are the canvas covers on there? Looks like some kind of snaps or something. I want to get tube doors soon, but modify them a bit to have snap on canvas covers too for rain protection, so I'm trying to steal your idea. Looks great though!

Chris

Back