• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to expect with a 2000 XJ

Xjforme

NAXJA Forum User
I've search the forum and saw many issues with the 0331 head on the 00-up xjs. I guess my question is how big of a problem is this, and does it happen to every 00-up xj down the road. Mine has 43k on it and I getting a little nevery about the newer models having problems and not last that long.
Should I prescribe to the term "if it aint broke don't fix it?" Just wanted to get everyones oppions.

Take a deep breath....

If your XJ doesn't have any problems, don't go looking for some. XJ's are wonderfully reliable vehicles. The majority of problems come into play when you modify them in an ignorant or misinformed manner. Leave it alone, and you could possibly drive it forever with reg. maint.

BruteXJ said:
Take a deep breath....

If your XJ doesn't have any problems, don't go looking for some. XJ's are wonderfully reliable vehicles. The majority of problems come into play when you modify them in an ignorant or misinformed manner. Leave it alone, and you could possibly drive it forever with reg. maint.
well said

Xjforme said:
Also will the 0331 be stamped on the head and is it visiable?

yes, look right where the valve cover meets the head, bout halfway down the head, drivers side, when looking at it from the front of the engine. Might need a flashlight unless you have a well lit area your under.

Back