• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inchitis- 4" OME/BB now I want 5+"

Angus

NAXJA Forum User
OK I have been bit by the bug again. My 2000 is screaming for another inch or more. I just installed RE drop brackets, 4.11 gears and WJ brakes/steering and a HP D30. The SYE was installed years ago so everthing is up to the height increase. Honestly I do not plan to get much bigger than my 31's since they rub now. My current thought is taking the 2" OME coils and spacers out and installing RE 5.5 coils. How bad will the ride become and is this even worth it for the small amount I want. Any suggestions? I suppose I could do the ACOS, but that is a lot of spacer.
Thanks in advance, Angus

do it!!

then, when you need to be at 8", throw that spacer back in... trust me! you'll want to one day...

the 5.5" lift will not be just a small amount. you might get 2" more than where you are right now. I'll vouch for it. the 5.5 plus a spacer/shackle is what i'm running.

ride quality, i don't know. i've got long arms, not drop brackets - that will have more impact on your ride quality than the coils themselves.

you might need new UCA's. and longer brake lines, if you don't have them already. and, you WILL want bigger tires than 31's!!

do you have enough length left in your shocks?

If you REALLY (I mean REALLY) want to stay with the 31" tires I´d buy a OME AAL, some OME V8 coils, keep the spacers and call it a day. Perhaps you want to modify your fender a bit. I don´t mean hacking your fenders, but just a little trimming here and there...

or possibly get whatever tire size you want and get some bumpstops??

I run 33x13.50 LTBs with 4" of lift. Guess I don't see the problem with what ya got. :)

5" with 31s is gonna look goofy in my opinion.

andyr354 said:
I run 33x13.50 LTBs with 4" of lift. Guess I don't see the problem with what ya got. :)

5" with 31s is gonna look goofy in my opinion.

i agree. i bought my jeep with a 3.5" lift that actually nets around 4.75" and i'm running 31" tires. the tires definately look too small for the vehicle. i'm getting ready to get rid of the 3.5" lift completely and run a 6.5" long arm with 33's. i'm sure i'll want 35's, but i have to do an axle swap first. i'm definately under the impression that 5" with 31's will look kinda funny.

Well I guess I forgot to mention I have 16 wheel and thus use metric sizes. I call mine 31"s but they are really 255/70R16's. This is an uncommon size, but what worked for me at the time. To save money and get a more common size I will get 265/75R16's which measure closer to 32".

Angus

Back