• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 carrier disconnect vs/ non.

redsand187

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I am searching and haven't came up with anything yet. I have a Non/disco front end under my jeep. Then I have a disco front end on my bench, with 4:56's and a lockright in it. What I want to do is swap the ring and pinion and carrier with the locker into the Non/Disco axle. My question is are the carriers interchangeable? The real question in my mind is if the axle splines are the same in a non disco as in a disco axle at the carrier. I'm assuming so because if I remember right the LockRights had the same spline count. Can anyone confirm this for me as I am going to do the gear swap tomorrow night and if I need to get a new carrier, I better get it fast. :) Thanks in advanced!

why try to set up used gears? put the d30 housing in your heep and run that one...

yes carriers are teh same

Well, the gears have about 300 miles on them. I pulled apart the disconnect axle install the locker and then about 3 weeks (yeah, I know... I'm lazy :) this is my "maybe I feel like working on a car project" being that I work on cars for a living the novelty is pretty thin) later when I went to install in carrier again there was some binding that I cannot figure out the source of, other then a possible carrier bearing problem.

Plus, my jeep isn't set up to run a disconnect axle. Plus, I have a one piece axle with 297's. Why not swap them.

Back