• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfercase Shifting

BIG_BLAZER86

NAXJA Forum User
I have to change the transfercase in my cherokee, and I got one from a junk yard. My question is that I can't get it to shift into 4hi,4low, it's stuck in 2wd. Any ideas.I tried turnig the input gear and hitting the shift lever and it still won't move.

If you determine that the case is trash I have one that I just pulled out of my 89 that I'll sell you.It worked perfectly when I took it out.I'm also in ohio so you could probably pick it up to save on shipping.....

open it up. it isnt really a complicated case. just make sure you remember how everything was before you start removing parts

BIG_BLAZER86 said:
I have to change the transfercase in my cherokee, and I got one from a junk yard. My question is that I can't get it to shift into 4hi,4low, it's stuck in 2wd. Any ideas.I tried turnig the input gear and hitting the shift lever and it still won't move.
You have the 4wd switch screwed in to far, don't ask how I know.

Back