• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrecked my Cherokee...brought me here

WilliamDiehl

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I'm a new member, I rolled my cherokee in a freak accident, at 30 mph
DSC_0120.jpg

Anyways, In normal Cherokee Fashion, she still runs (2 qts of Oil and 4 qts of Tranny fluid later) The killer points though, rear door is destoyed, of course. but that can be replaced, the worst part of it is the rear passenger doors do not shut.
DSC_0140.jpg

The roof is tweeked as seen in the photo, I have not tried to adjust it yet, but I would like adjust it to where it tries and shuts, but dont know exactly how to do it, I dont want it the way it was (no way in hell is that gonna fly), or should I just have some fabric doors made for it?

The only thing I am sure of right now is to get a roll cage put inside the body to make sure the Cherokee is somewhat safe.

BrettM said:
oh, and why is the ground wet in Arizona in August?

Monsoon Season, this is our rainy season, high pressure north of us brings lots of moisture from the Gulf, the hot air causes the moisture to rise and condense, we got 1.5" inches of rain on Sunday alone at my house....enough with the off topic.

She rolled 1/2 time, the mud was slicker and thicker than we thought (Stupid college kids we are) it slid and hit the embankment and rolled...it shouldnt have happened.

everyone thought we were lucky to be alive...I just told them we were lucky to drive a Jeep....sarcasm.

Starboard M said:
#1 Take off Smittybuilt nerf bars
#2 Chop top and have fun

the Bars came with it, I never bothered to take them off when we lifted it, so I dont know what I'm gonna do with them

I dont know about chopping it yet, I'd like to keep the roof, because it comes in quite useful during the summer, not because of the heat but the severe rain during july/august, this stuff stings at 50 mph, plus I live out of Tucson and all the washes are flowing with water so huge waves of water would be raining down on me.

Huge waves not so likely. At least we finally had a good monsoon season. Just cut off the back glass and do that body mod.

either....
take the doors off, keep wheeling it like it is.

or, do like was posted, hi lift the roof up until the doors shut, leave them shut, and you got yourself a 2 door, 4 door.

Kind of makes you proud to drive a jeep...true dukes of hazard fashion!!
If it had been a Hummer it would have been a total mess, your lucky
oh and about the roof, I agree with chopping it. I chopped the roof off a rodeo and made a soft top for it one time, the guy loved it as a matter of fact he still drives it.

Chop the top off, cage it, sawsal the body and make it into a trailer queen!

I think your looking for an easy answer to fix it and really there isnt one. You rolled a unibody vehicle (any vehicle at that) and smashed in the roof, caved in the pillars. Only thing you can do (to band-aid) is like the other member said, hi-lift it back to where it can close, porta-power it back, or grind the doors down to where it fits, but you still need to match up the latch. Who says you still wont have any leaks yet. If its that important to you what about insurance?? They'll total it out, buy iy back use it as a trail rig.

-Red

stewie said:
Chop the top off, cage it, sawsal the body and make it into a trailer queen!

yeha!!!!

$10.00 says you still have all your body...

XJ230 said:
Huge waves not so likely. At least we finally had a good monsoon season. Just cut off the back glass and do that body mod.
I'm talking about when you drive through a wash at the same time as someone else...I got a lot of bad karma that's gonna catch up...and it's a LOT

Get the HF 4-5ton porta power on sale for $59. You can use it to tweak the roof back to where the doors work. Trust me, I've pushed a majorly wrinkled top back in line before, and helped several others re-align theirs. That stupid porta power has paid for itself many times over. It is the ticket to doing a lift. It lets you align the bolts no hassle.

What's the deal with this?, it doesn't look that damaged, Why not take it to a shop and let them realign the doors so they can close and buy a new rear gate and be done with it?
That's not a heck of a rollover.
Seriously, I would take it to a shop and ask them what you can do ti fix it (if you want to fix it), If your plans are to keep it like a trail only rig, I would do what almost everyone said, chop the rear and cage it.

Welcome to the club!

Rev Den said:
Chaopping a rig AFTER you roll it is a weak move. Fix it or dump it, those are your choices. Chopping it is NOT a cheap way out.
Rev

The Rev is right. Chopping it isn't cheap if you do it right. I've got over $3K in the cage and paint alone. I rolled mine and bought it salvaged from my insurance for $650. If you were in the northeast I'd say its a no-brainer to let it go to the wrecking yard, but AZ is made for topless wheelin.

Chop Chop!

rolled_yellow.jpg

john_bull_lorie.jpg

Good luck!

sig.jpg

WilliamDiehl said:
enough with the off topic.

:roflmao:

You are new here. Hi. Eric Stratton, rush chairman, damn glad to meet ya.

Back