• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Researching and starting to piece together my lift.

MoochsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have done searchs but I really want to try and get most of my question answered at once as I think my needs/desires are not always the same as someone else's thread. I've come to the decision of 2" of lift and 30x9.50R15's on my 98 XJ sport. My budget is somewhat limited but I don't really want to go the spacer/AAL route, I want to do this right and plan on mixing duties as daily driver and off-roader. That being said...

-Front Coils, I've read a lot about stock ZJ V8 coils, F150 coils and I want to know should I go for some used stock coils of another truck or look for XJ 2" coils? If I recall correctly stock ZJ coils will give me about 1.75" and some stock F150 coils will give me about 2". Could I go with ZJ lift springs or would that put me over my goal? Better to look for 2" XJ coils?

-Rear leafs. Like I mentioned before I don't really wan runn AAL or blocks so I was looking at OME leafs, are there any heavier duty truck springs that'll swap over easy and give me the lift I desire, Dakota, Durango? other then OME is anyone else selling 2" rear springs, I remember seeing a few on eBay but I'd like to try and do this right before I chance ebay.

-Misc. Hardware, I know I'll need new u-bolts in the rear, shocks all around. Will I have to extend the rear brake lines with only 2" of lift or is it a case by case thing? Any snags/tips I might run into that you(my more experienced elders) may bestow upon me?

The culprit
42f669f32d7d0.jpg

You won't need to worry about your brake lines at all. But if you want to do it right, and get almost 2-3" of lift for the rear, you'll have to mix up your leafs with those from a dakota or an s10. It'll be sort of like an AAL, but not necessarily. As for the front, I would say to just get some spacers, but if you want full coils, go for it. I just think it's a bit of a waste to change out coils if it doesn't get you at least 3" of lift.

Back