• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35s and a RE 4.5" kit?

Supertrapped

NAXJA Forum User
I have the RE 4.5" system. I have 1" spacers around. I have 33x12.50s on it right now and at extreme flex, they stuff pretty nicely up in the fender wells.

Thinking about putting 35s on there now. I'm going to cut the fenders flares out. Is that gonna be enough, or should I just go ahead and raise it another inch....like another spacer up front and shackle the rear? And if I do that, will I need relocation brackets for the arms?

Just trying to get an idea before I order the tires next week. I'll know I'll need gears and to cut the fender flares. Just wondering if that would be enough for those tires. :)

drop brackets would definetly help the ride quality which you will want if you plan to drive the jeep on 35s anywhere besides onto a trailer and then onto a trail..
w/ 35s
i'm running rusty's 4.5" coils and 1.75 spacers in front and about 7" total lift in back from a multitude of Rusty's 3.5" leaf pack w/ a 3" long AAL and extended shackles, sittin on 1" 4* steel blocks w/ the overload leaves removed,
with the fenders barley trimed but w/ the stock flares repositioned slightly higher, trimmed and clearenced

if you hacked the crap out of your fenders you could probly get by w/ the lift you have if you extend your bumpstops

Supertrapped said:
I have the RE 4.5" system. I have 1" spacers around. I have 33x12.50s on it right now and at extreme flex, they stuff pretty nicely up in the fender wells.

Thinking about putting 35s on there now. I'm going to cut the fenders flares out. Is that gonna be enough, or should I just go ahead and raise it another inch....like another spacer up front and shackle the rear? And if I do that, will I need relocation brackets for the arms?

Just trying to get an idea before I order the tires next week. I'll know I'll need gears and to cut the fender flares. Just wondering if that would be enough for those tires. :)
ok, heres what I can offer you. Not much, I know, but it will get you started

-You can fit 35s on a 4.5'' lift. I have almost the same setup you described with 4.5'' and a 1'' spacer. I have 32s right now, and I would have no trouble getting 35s onto it. It all depends on how much you want to cut. If you dont fear the sawzal then go ahead. But if you are still pampering your Jeep, I dont think you would be able to.

-So now you have the room to fit them, but you still need to think about flex. So, you need to add bumpstops. You really wont be able to find what you are looking for in a search with this. Best way to measure for bump stops is go to a loading dock and flex. When you get to where you start to rub, measure and see what size bumpstop you need.

-Thats all without lifting it more. The front, another inch wont really hurt anything. Yes your control arm angles will be different. The rear is where it gets a bit iffy. A 2'' block isnt the most advised thing, so if you do decide to lift it, maybe try a shackle instead.

A couple other notes:
-You never said if you had an SYE, but if you dont, now would be the time to do it.
-Make sure you have the money to do gears and maybe even some lockers. 33s, let alone 35s, simply put, suck with stock gears.
-You also didnt say anything about what front and rear axle you have. Now would be the time to do axle swaps and all that jazz, especially if you have the 35 rear. The 30 might be ok for you, if upgrade.

Keep in mind, Im just rattling off stuff, so some of it might not fit for you. Give us some more info and I would be happy to help. Hope this got you started. :lecture:

If you are not afraid to cut, you will be in fine shape. It does take some pretty major cutting, but I have a friend who fit 35's under less lift!

Starboard M said:
ok, heres what I can offer you. Not much, I know, but it will get you started

-You can fit 35s on a 4.5'' lift. I have almost the same setup you described with 4.5'' and a 1'' spacer. I have 32s right now, and I would have no trouble getting 35s onto it. It all depends on how much you want to cut. If you dont fear the sawzal then go ahead. But if you are still pampering your Jeep, I dont think you would be able to.

-So now you have the room to fit them, but you still need to think about flex. So, you need to add bumpstops. You really wont be able to find what you are looking for in a search with this. Best way to measure for bump stops is go to a loading dock and flex. When you get to where you start to rub, measure and see what size bumpstop you need.

-Thats all without lifting it more. The front, another inch wont really hurt anything. Yes your control arm angles will be different. The rear is where it gets a bit iffy. A 2'' block isnt the most advised thing, so if you do decide to lift it, maybe try a shackle instead.

A couple other notes:
-You never said if you had an SYE, but if you dont, now would be the time to do it.
-Make sure you have the money to do gears and maybe even some lockers. 33s, let alone 35s, simply put, suck with stock gears.
-You also didnt say anything about what front and rear axle you have. Now would be the time to do axle swaps and all that jazz, especially if you have the 35 rear. The 30 might be ok for you, if upgrade.

Keep in mind, Im just rattling off stuff, so some of it might not fit for you. Give us some more info and I would be happy to help. Hope this got you started. :lecture:
Thanks for the info :)

-I have the SYE kit in teh garage right now. Just haven't had time to install.
-In a month or so I'll be doing gears and a locker. Thinking Detroit or Powertraxx and some 4:56s.
-And I have the 8.25 rear and 30 up front. Thinking about buying a 8.8 for the rear. Haven't figured that part out just yet.
-I plan on a rear shackle and front spacer and drop brakets in a month or so as well.
-I'll check on the bumpstops. Didn't even think about that issue.
-And no, I'm not afraid to do some cutting

:)

4.5" springs, 1" spacer, 2" cut off the fenders, NO bumpstops, 35x16" boggers, i only hit the sides of the fenders, while turning and flexing

BrettM said:
lifting it another inch will do very little to determine how far the tire can stuff, that's what bumpstops are for.

Yup, pretty much. Adding more lift without doing anything else is only going to get you tire clearance for cruising the mall. Tire clearance offroad will be determined by your trimming and bumpstops.

Back