• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need 2 inch lift on rear of xj

Ron Hyslop

NAXJA Forum User
My son's 86 2.5lxj had a broken front coil spring, so I installed the origanal equipment front coils from my 87 4.0lxj in the're place(left over after intsalling OME). Now the front end sit about 2inches higher than before, so I need to lift the back end about 2inches. I suspect I need 2inch lift blocks and probably new U bolts. Do these lift blocks typically have a taper to them to compensate for drive line angles and who should I buy them from? Thanks!

I might be able to help

When my RE 4.5 inch springs get here I'll be taking the Skyjacker 3" pack off. If you're interested you can have the pair for $100.

Better yet, use some longer shackles instead of blocks.

Rgds

Do not use blocks. They kill the springs. Rancho makes a "soft ride" full-length add-a-leaf that you should be able to buy for around $50. However, if you have the rear springs from your XJ available, take them aprt, cut the eyes off the main leaves just short of where they begin to curve up, and use those as AALs. That should net you between 1.5" and 2". All it'll cost you is a couple of bucks for a new set of center bolts.

Ron, were your stock springs the up-country version? I am going to put up-country springs on my 2.5L and am trying to work out how much lift I will get.

Back