• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better CFMs from the Blower Motor

wilcharl

NAXJA Forum User
Hey looking at an 88 era XJ.... Any ideas how to increase the output from the blower motor... im not an hvac expert or a physasist (i kant even spel that workd) and i failed out of aerospace enginnering and had to change majors but anyways... im thinking > RPM = more air blowing on me = happier me... any ideas how to get more from doing a blower motor swap or something... with the age of the old renix im thinking the harness may be loosing power along it and the motor may not evne be getting a good voltage... so im thinking about putting a relay str8 to the battery on the high stetting but i would really like to get a motor that will fit in the airbox that will give me some serious cfms... even a more efficent squirel cage fan any ideas guys

The CFM is matched to the size of the A/C, more cfm will also mean warmer air.
BTW to answer your question, for more CFM you need a larger squirrel cage and more HP.

Last edited:
Your original idea of a new hot straight to the battery will prolly be your best bet. The systems are designed to push just so much air and you prolly cant get a larger wheel for your system.

The only other thing you could do is try and find a motor with more rpms or run the one you have at a higher voltage like say...18 but now you gotta figure out how to get it that 18 volts.

JC95

Back