• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How big is too big?

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Someone gave me the top part of a snorkel so I figured I'd use it on the XJ, only thing is this thing litteraly came off a big-rig so the opening is 6-8 inches arround at the base and the unit itself is huge so is this way too big to use on an XJ or is this something that'll work with good fabbing? Anybody here used something like this?

I was able to make out the name Donaldson co inc on the side but they don't have any pics on their site otherwise I'd post one. I'll try to get a pic of it sitting on the Jeep where I'd be mounting it so you can see what I mean size wise.

Here's the pix:
aae.sized.jpg

A little big eh?
aaf.sized.jpg

Just imagine it on the driver side...Any ideas on how to make it work?

If you can get Rick Moranis to shrink it down a little you could make it work, but right now man, geez, that is hilarious.

Send it to Hinkley for his motorhome.

Be unique! Mount that puppy dead-center of your hood and call it good!

What Rd said:
Be unique! Mount that puppy dead-center of your hood and call it good!
x2 people that say its too big are just jealous because there girlfriends like yours better

I'm having snorkel envy right now.

id put it on top of the cab - like a light or something

Then run some air duct hose inside the cab thru the roof to it

In the meantime I found out it makes a good air conditioner. Stick out passenger side window facing forwards, roll window up, drive...

For this I apologize, but it was the first reaction I had to your pics. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA hahahahahahahahaha hahahaha ahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaaaahehhehhehhehh heeheeeee.......!!!! *Snort!* *Gasp!*

Back