• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED HELP! Hood Won't Work now...

nightwolf0829

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all guru's, i have a major problem that happened today. I hope someone can help.. My Hood Release Lever, decided to part with me today.. It just ripped clean off, now there is no way i can find to get teh hood to release.. I found what i think was the wire, and i pulled to no avail.. Does anyone know a way aroudn this k-rap? :confused: :( Any help is pre-appreciated guys!

Thanks, :J :kiss:

You can get at the hood releases by removing the headlights, not had to do it my self but it can be a bear. I've always considered nipping it in the bud buy replacing them with normal hood pins ala 60's type and a couple of small padlocks.

Pull the plastic facia ring around the headlight. Pull the headlight and then the bucket in which it sits. You can then reach one of the bolts that holds the hood latch. The other bolt can be reached by a LONG extension from the bottom.

my cousin has hood pins on his white jeep. it looks awesome. his hood cable ripped off too. the hood pins are nice b/c you dont have to run back and open the door and reach for the cable when you wanna open the hood

Well, i got it undone, but with more work then i thought.. I took off the body panels inside nearest the actual placement of the wire.. Then i took off the mounting bracket with the wire attached. I broke the plastic mounts off, and stripped the wire down. Then i took needle nose pliers(sp), and pulled on the wire.. Now any ideas on hood clips and such as so i dont have to rig this????

Thanks, :J

Back