• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bilstein Options

NXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so Im going to get some Bilsteins for the frontend. If you had the money which ones would you get ? Some Standard Body 9100s would be fun, those rods are thick..

Lets talk Bilsteins !

Did someone say BlackHawk?

bilstein_blackhawk.jpg

http://www.off-road.com/race/2005score/blackhawk/

I hear they're about $2300 EACH

NXJ said:
Okay so Im going to get some Bilsteins for the frontend. If you had the money which ones would you get ? Some Standard Body 9100s would be fun, those rods are thick..

Lets talk Bilsteins !

I'd get the most expensive ones wether I needed them or not. Why? Because I'm obviously rich and could care less.......................:laugh3:

NXJ said:

Lets talk Bilsteins !

What are you doing with them? What kind of driving?

BrettM said:
Did someone say BlackHawk?

bilstein_blackhawk.jpg

http://www.off-road.com/race/2005score/blackhawk/

I hear they're about $2300 EACH

Holy :gag: That thing would do better just hanging on my wall :laugh3: When something costs that much, it sure hell should replace those stoneage coilsprings hanging under there. Especially when one shock weights half of all the coils togheter !

What are you doing with them? What kind of driving?

DD and crawling first. Prerunning isnt to easy to accomplish up here. But an adjustable, long travel, bling shock that bolts in is what I need !

(The thing is: I can get them really cheap through a friend)

Last edited:
NXJ said:
(The thing is: I can get them really cheap through a friend)

Well there are 9100 rockcrawlers that would probably suit you well, but depending on your rig setup (fullsize axles? tire sizes?) a 7100 might be right up your alley.

ECKSJAY said:
Well there are 9100 rockcrawlers that would probably suit you well, but depending on your rig setup (fullsize axles? tire sizes?) a 7100 might be right up your alley.

Yeah maybe way into the future, now I just need something to slap in replacing those bad shitters sitting there. The first you mentioned is a CO, right ? And adjustebility is fine, since I just dont get the valving-thing: Can someone help me out here ?
Oh, and does anyone have a somewhat pricelist of all the Bilstein models. I just have to do some comparision..

More..

i know this is offtopic butis the 6100 coilover a good shock for a coil over i have not heard of anyone using them??? they are cheaper than the 9100 what is the difference??

thnaks cj

They are intended for use with dune buggys :laugh3:

Get some 5100 or 5150s in a 255/70 valving, everything else requires fabrication of special mounts. I run 9100 rockcrawlers front (and soon in the rear too) with coilover springs and recommend them to anyone.

XJoachim said:
Get some 5100 or 5150s in a 255/70 valving, everything else requires fabrication of special mounts. I run 9100 rockcrawlers front (and soon in the rear too) with coilover springs and recommend them to anyone.

But those are so boring :laugh3: How about valving, can someone specify ?
Dont the 5150s and 6100s have mounts that fits the upper mounts ? Do they make all of them in Germany, or USA ? I dont *think* Ill ever go coilovers, maybe air shocks. Its all "on" the price :laugh3:

NXJ said:
How about valving, can someone specify ?
Dont the 5150s and 6100s have mounts that fits the upper mounts ? Do they make all of them in Germany, or USA ? I dont *think* Ill ever go coilovers, maybe air shocks. Its all "on" the price :laugh3:

Up. Before I go and Zzz..

Search Term = 7100.

Loads and loads of info on valving.

BrettM said:
they are made in germany

(they might have other plants too, like how Toyota has a few US plants)

bilstein3d.gif

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe they make their off-road shocks in USA somewhere, since they dont have the same market in Europe. Or something :laugh3:

The Offroad Series (5100, 5125, 5150, 6100, 7100, 9100, 9300) are manufactured in USA.

XJoachim said:
The Offroad Series (5100, 5125, 5150, 6100, 7100, 9100, 9300) are manufactured in USA.

Yep, I figured it out, San Diego, CA. Did you have a problem getting yours in Germany Joachim ?

Back