• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick disconnects

BIG-G

NAXJA Forum User
OK i need a pair of them but money is tight so a pair of jks quicker discos for $122 wont do!! I have 4.5" of lift but my sway bar has drop brackets on it at about 2-3" give or take. So who else out there makes a fairly priced pair of discose that dont cost alot?? Looking for a bunch to choose from so name all that u can think of and thanks ahead of time.

BIG-G said:
OK i need a pair of them but money is tight so a pair of jks quicker discos for $122 wont do!! I have 4.5" of lift but my sway bar has drop brackets on it at about 2-3" give or take. So who else out there makes a fairly priced pair of discose that dont cost alot?? Looking for a bunch to choose from so name all that u can think of and thanks ahead of time.
In all honesty, I think that your best bet will be a pair of JKS's ones. I had RE gen 1's and they sucked, I've seen RE gen 2's and they still need a bit of improvement (although I've seen gen 1 of gen 2, if that makes any sense, and I have it on good authority that gen 2 of gen 2 works way better). Then the rest that I've seen seems to be a variation on the stuff above mentioned.
If money is tight, try and fab some up yourself. You can get fairly creative with some allthread, pins and bushings and get things taken care of for pretty cheap.

I was searchin but couldnt find the home write ups of making your own discos. Does anyone have the links to them and include pics???
Thanks!

BIG-G said:
I was searchin but couldnt find the home write ups of making your own discos. Does anyone have the links to them and include pics???
Thanks!
if you want simple and cheap, look at the stock design and try and copy it. There is a writeup someplace about home made discos at stock height (but it's not too hard to go to taller ones). Search around as it was discussed a few days ago.

Well i run into a problem here, I have drop brackets for the swaybar that lower it 3 inches and i have stock links.
I REALLY want the JKS quicko's and get rid of the drop brackets and bolt it up where it was ment to be. Ya see i have 5" of lift and was thinking of just removing the top nuts and side nuts, push the swaybar out of the way and tie it down and leave the torx bolt there. Now will that torx bolt cause any problems on the trail OR have i stumbled on the cheapest way to disconnect the front with some elbow grease???????

please help

Kejtar said:
if you want simple and cheap, look at the stock design and try and copy it. There is a writeup someplace about home made discos at stock height (but it's not too hard to go to taller ones). Search around as it was discussed a few days ago.

GoJeep's write up on extending stock links. Do this with the wing-nut on top, not exactly JKS but it's been done before. Not-so-quick budget beater discos.

i was going to make thost home made ones too, until i found one of them was seized, so i cut it off, what i did was bought some procomp end links from summit, then i bought a couple pins at home depot similar to those in the pics, and thats that, all done. quick discos for about 50$ including the new endlinks and all hardware.

dphillips said:
I went with Tera flex. They're cheaper than jks and they're pretty quiet.
Ditto.
The mounting (flexible ball joint style) is exactly the same as the JKS but the length isn't adjustable.
$80

Jeffro600 said:
Screw paying 50+ bucks for one of those aftermarket ones...i use these and they work every bit as well and only cost maybe 5 bucks in parts that are available at every home depot in the US.

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cherokee/98/08_aug/disconnect/disconnect.html

If you need them extended, just get some bar stock...cut the connects in half and weld in what you need and paint em up.
Mine and my friend's home made extended sway bar discos are modeled after the ones on the site you listed. This link shows the ones my friend made... http://members.cox.net/marsquatch/

To easily drill through the thread on the top of the swaybarlink just get a nut that fits the link. Put the nut in a vice (while it's off the link) with a flatside up and centre punch it. Then drill all the way through the nut. Next put the nut back on the link, put the drill bit back in the hole you drilled in the nut and drill away through the link. You cant stuff the thread like this and the drill bit wont slip around. Also means the hole is nice and straight etc.

The other advantage is you can stuff up the hole on the nut as many times as you like and just keep drilling through more nuts until you get a good straight one to use as the guide :)

Cheers
Steve

hi im a newbie and i invested in a set of skyjacker double disconnects. i didnt get the chance to disconnect them yet, but i just wanted to ask if anyone has used these before?

Back