• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power trax no slip

wilson

NAXJA Forum User
hej, just a fast one for all of you with a power trax no slip.
Today I pulled into the shop on a 90 turn I hit the gas and I herd a big bang in the rear end. looked under the jeep nothing. it was the loudest I've herd yet. did some more turns in the shop nothing drove for about an hour back home and just before home on a hill plus 90 pop again. just want to know if you guys hear the same thing? Ive had the thing in for about 6000-9000 miles.
thanks, bryan

happen to me couple weeks ago, LOUD bang, wow, stopped to check, saw nothing, i really thought i'd see a hole in the rear end!!..plan to open it up to check springs on vacation in another week.
it hasn't happened again except the normal.. clunk..

it will do that on occassion, happened to mine a few times in the past 12k miles. its normal

mine seems to do it alot also...it is always loudest when i am coasting through a 90 degree than when i am throttling up a lil....to date i have had it in a month or so...with out checkin it every couple days....
Maier.

today it sounds some times even in the slitest of turns. and then i crank it and no sound, just the (hi im trying to learn how to drive jolts) when its at 90 and full click. maybe i should try to open it up. the thing is that last time i torqe the nuts one couldn't handle it (snap). so maybe its going to be more work than normal.
thanks bryan

is it just making some noise, or is it sounding like something is breaking-very very loud, because it is suppose to make some ratcheting

Ive had mine about 4 years now,and I still scares the crap out of when it "bangs".It always does it at the strangest times.

I was thinking about one in the rear. Maybe I'll stick with the trashloc until I get a bigger axle then go with an OX. Those crazy sounds drive me nuts. My Aussie does periodic racheting in the front. Not very loud , but I feel it in the steering wheel and it drives me crazy. Kind of a short drive anyway. I'll stick with the Trashloc. They do pretty good. Seems to go anywhere I need it to. :wierd:

ramsey last night when I came to the shop and hit the gas. A guy half way through the shop said he thought something fell. I was woundering if one of the teeth got messed up a little. and everytime it comes to that point when locking and unlocking then the point. bang!

i recomend rebuilding your no-slip about once a year with new springs. the big bang is normal on occasion. its not suppose to ratchet. a new spring kit is like $10 from Randy's ring and pinion. its a good locker. I ran it for 4 years in my 27 spline 8.25. I rebuilt it a few times with new springs and sold it for $175 with new springs. I think its still going strong. I still have one in my front D30 for about 2 years now without rebuilding it. as long as it still functions right. if it starts steering you under accel then steers back the other way on decel, then its time to open it up.

99NCXJ said:
mines loud as crap too. i only have about 400 miles on it or so. I makes a loud bang atleast once a day or so.
:thumbup: cool. so is there a question :dunno:

Ex CCS Racer said:
Mine's quiet as can be.

Mine was quiet as a mouse...then i found out it wasn't even a locker, the paddles were broken. Too quiet my friend, check and make sure you are still locking. The odd bang and pop give assurance in a bizarre sort of way that everything is A-OK.

boomhauer said:
Mine was quiet as a mouse...then i found out it wasn't even a locker, the paddles were broken. Too quiet my friend, check and make sure you are still locking. The odd bang and pop give assurance in a bizarre sort of way that everything is A-OK.

It's still locking. I've already gone through the captive spacer breakage a while back.

Back