• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need DW advice?

Rick VanRossen

NAXJA Forum User
'98, xj limited, 4.0, 3" rough ctry, auto
new trac bar, steering stabil., balanced 4 times last 3 months.
Bad wobble at 45mph. Local shop says UCA bushings should clear up prob.

Any comments?

Rick.

When did the problem start? Did you install the track bar before or after?
Have you tried swaping tires from font to rear?
UCA bushings could be worn but they would have to be real bad to cause DW. My wife's cherokee has over 200K miles on the original UCA's and it drives great....New bushings on the LCA's but no DW with old ones....just clunking...

My first bet would be on tires. Make sure tha air pressure is the same.

I just bought a trac bar relocation bracket to add to my 3inch and the death wobble went away. I had real death wobble before i replaced a stock bent lca
Rustys 3in lift didnt come with an ajustable trac bar or bracket so i bought a rough counrty bracket. Do you have that bracket?

Ok, i have all new shocks, rear leaf packs and front coil springs and i get the crap scared out of me when I go over a bad bump b/c of this cursed death wobble. I saw that skyjacker sold the new track bar with a stabilizer for the 3" lift, wouldn't that fix the problem? Anyone with any ideas give me some advice, i want to get my jeep lifted right, not cheaply...

jeepdriver05 said:
Ok, i have all new shocks, rear leaf packs and front coil springs and i get the crap scared out of me when I go over a bad bump b/c of this cursed death wobble. I saw that skyjacker sold the new track bar with a stabilizer for the 3" lift, wouldn't that fix the problem? Anyone with any ideas give me some advice, i want to get my jeep lifted right, not cheaply...

its the allignment get em to dial in about 1/8" toe in,
it'll wear your tires a bit but it'll definetly help
have all your tie-rod ends checked

yeah i'm getting it aligned today as a matter of fact, the tie rod ends should be good since I just replaced them a couple of months ago, anyway, if this dosen't fix the problem I'll probably get a new adjustable track bar.

DDawg16 said:
When did the problem start? Did you install the track bar before or after?
Have you tried swaping tires from font to rear?
UCA bushings could be worn but they would have to be real bad to cause DW. My wife's cherokee has over 200K miles on the original UCA's and it drives great....New bushings on the LCA's but no DW with old ones....just clunking...

My first bet would be on tires. Make sure tha air pressure is the same.

Problem started or was exagerated after lift kit was put on. Problem got worse after I replaced the stock trac bar two weeks ago. Tires have been swapped back to front and have always had same pressure. I have 170k miles and have not replaced anything other than the trac bar.
I agree that the UCA bushings look like replacement would help, but am very curious about this trac bar re-location bracket.
Any knowledge?

Response delay due to my travel schedule.

Thanks,

Rick.

Back