• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What 3" kit comes with front and rear brake lines?

XJ4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Who makes a 3" kit that comes with front and rear brake lines? I finally got a job and able to afford a lift kit so I'm gonna start buyin stuff for the heep. Where can I get a longer brake line for the front just incase?

you wont need it, you can just straighten the hard line and that will be more than enough

I haven't seen any package w/ brake lines in my browsing. Just go to the autoparts store and get some for a yj wrangler ('95 for ex.). Probably end up cheaper that way. My kit (rusty's) instructed to bend the hard lines, but you don't even need to do anything at 3".

footdale said:
I haven't seen any package w/ brake lines in my browsing. Just go to the autoparts store and get some for a yj wrangler ('95 for ex.). Probably end up cheaper that way. My kit (rusty's) instructed to bend the hard lines, but you don't even need to do anything at 3".

Dont need to touch the brake lines after a 3" kit? Am I reading that right? Seems like they would be tighter than hell.

I am using stock lines on my '88 limited, but my '88 MJ is using the stock lines for an 95 YJ because it can FLEX. The YJ lines are about 3-1/2"-4" longer than stock and cost about the same as the XJ hoses.

ClassicXJ mentioned it - the rear line RE uses with 2" and higher will be fine. Up front you can either add new lines to your order, stretch/relocate the stock ones, or order longer YJ lines.

What Jim said......just get a Rubicon lift and add front lines to the order. If I could have done the lift on my '94 over I would have changed the kit a bit. (Got a full 3.5" Superflex) Upgraded to adjustable lowers, added adjustable uppers, add the HD Trac Bar and Bracket, add front brake lines, upgraded to JKS discos, and got OME shocks................... :lecture:

Thats all stuff I added along the way, wish I'd have saved and got it all the first time.

Ive found a couple lifts I'm very interested in and most come with rear brake lines with the biggest being 3.5". They are the cherokee edition of quadratec.

3.5" Super Flex, RE super flex arms, coils, leafs, lower controll arms, front sway bar disconnect, and extended rear brake line. $679.95

2" Standard Cherokee kit, comes with shocks, rear brake line, coil spacers, AAL, and the hardware. $229.95

3.5" Super Ride, comes with coils, AAL, rear brake line, hardware, what looks like controll arms (not sure what they are since all I have its the picture), sway bar links, and a bunch of what looks like tabs. $349.95

1.5" Spacer kit, rear greasable shackles, coil spacers and hardware. $129.95

Basically I'm lookin for somethin that will clear a 31x10, 31x9 or 30x10 without rubbing. Someone on another board said that a 2" kit will clear 31x10s as long as you extend the bump stops. In the end, what lift I get will decide what tires I get.

XJ4x4 said:
1.5" Spacer kit, rear greasable shackles, coil spacers and hardware. $129.95

best option to clear thoes 31's you are thinking of.

just make sure to extend the REAR bumpstops so you dont invert your leaves and make them fail

spacers and shackles are the best intro lift because when you go higher, you can re-use them later and aftermarket leaf packs require longer shackles to flex well...

XJ4x4 said:
Who makes a 3" kit that comes with front and rear brake lines? I finally got a job and able to afford a lift kit so I'm gonna start buyin stuff for the heep. Where can I get a longer brake line for the front just incase?

In general, you won't need to extend your front lines for only 3". After you put on the lift you can flex it and check. If you need a little extra length you can just straighten the line as someone has suggested. This will cost you zero dollars and be just fine.

In general, for the rear, you want to extend the same amount as the lift. So in your case you would need 3" in the rear.

I have a 3" lift on my 1997, and didn't need to touch the front, and for the rear I went to the Jeep Stealership and got a rear brake line from a YJ which is 3" longer than my line was. Jeep Flex-Line to rear axle part
#52004152 cost me $42.30.
(My factory original flex line was 11.25” long. New ’95 YJ one is 14.25”)

Jeff-97XJ

Jeff-97XJ said:
In general, you won't need to extend your front lines for only 3". After you put on the lift you can flex it and check. If you need a little extra length you can just straighten the line as someone has suggested. This will cost you zero dollars and be just fine.
Actually it's not that you can, you HAVE TO. A fairly interesting failure is when your tire (when stuffed) grabs the hard line right above the mounting point and rips it open. This is prevented by relocating your brakelines to run parallel to the shock. It's cheap (costs you just the labor) and it allows you to run fairly tall with stock brakelines.
Rear as someone else mentioned can be taken care of with a YJ line.

Back