• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arm mounts.

mack

NAXJA Forum User
well, i'm not much of a welder so i can't make them myself, does anyone know where i can get just the long arm frame mounts, i already have some RE lower long arms, i just don't like the RE crossmember/ long arm mount's, i've put my lift together without buying a whole kit, i like to mix and match the parts i want, anyway, i'm kinda looking for somthing like rusty's or the teraflex or even the full traction ones, so any help or pics of homemade ones would be great!
p.s if anyone want's to make a set and make some $$, just pm me.:wave:

even if someone whereot make some mounts for ya , wouldnt you have to weld them to the unibody?

IMO there are so many variables withthe long arms fab, that if someone did make you some mounts I doubt that they would fit pefect without some tweaking

If I were you I would just hold onto the long arms
take a welding class and then go to it...
either that or pony up the cash and get a full long arms setup from the companies that offer bolt on stuff

just out of curiousity what dont you like about the RE set up other than the price :laugh3:

the RE kit uses like 8,000 self tapping bolts, i have a friend that would weld anything i need, i just can't get him to fab anything for me...:mad:

Thats got to be the worst kit out there,massive loss of ground clearance.

mack said:
well, i'm not much of a welder so i can't make them myself, does anyone know where i can get just the long arm frame mounts, i already have some RE lower long arms, i just don't like the RE crossmember/ long arm mount's, i've put my lift together without buying a whole kit, i like to mix and match the parts i want, anyway, i'm kinda looking for somthing like rusty's or the teraflex or even the full traction ones, so any help or pics of homemade ones would be great!
p.s if anyone want's to make a set and make some $$, just pm me.:wave:
Try Teraflex. They use the 2 threaded holes on the bottom of the frame where the crossmember mounts and have you drill 2 more holes on the side of the frame. The stock crossmember has to be cut down to fit between the brackets and they should be welded on. You can install them first and then drive it somewhere to have the welding done.I have a pic if you want to see it installed. It may not be the strongest kit but I've never had any problem, and it still lets you remove the crossmember fairly easily.

Back