• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny slipping

ok 99 xj sport 140000 miles on it i know the fluid has never been changed and well it stated to slip, however it only seems to do it when its really hot out and only when i hit the passing gear, if i let off a second than gas it again it seems to shift fine. im planing on changing the fluid and filter this weekend just wondering if the bands need to be adjusted and if so ... how do i do that??

thanx

Last edited:
I had some similar problems with mine. I pinched one of the two transmission cooling lines that go to the radiator. Which caused the transmission to over heat after 15 min of driving. The transmisson would slip like you said yours dose. Replaced the line and put new fluid in. Now its as good as new.

Just in case, check the cooling lines to the tranny. Other than that, i would say just change the fluid. (Make sure to put the correct type of fluid in! And do not put too much tranny fluid in, it will cause more problems.)

Back