• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

want a better rack (hehehe he said rack)

rockethound

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a replacement rack with round cross bars that attaches to the OEM cross bar brackets that run the length of either side of an XJ. I want to install a yakima load warrior and a couple of bike rack topside but i don't want to use the rain gutter attachment method that Yakima employs.

Any thing out there?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I've got the Big yakima rack and the extension. I've got the rain gutter mounts with mind. I like the rain gutter mounts better. you can put them where you want them and add more easier i think and a little bit stronger. Just my thoughts though. I've got that set up and been happy with it.

Thule has brackets for the stock bars or the stock rails or gutter mounts . . .

DR

rockethound said:
I'm looking for a replacement rack with round cross bars that attaches to the OEM cross bar brackets that run the length of either side of an XJ. I want to install a yakima load warrior and a couple of bike rack topside but i don't want to use the rain gutter attachment method that Yakima employs.

Any thing out there?

Thanks in advance!

Yakima racks use a round crossbar - Thule uses a square... Each system can either be attached directly to the gutter (Thule 300 towers, Yakima 1a raingutter) or directly to the factory installed rack using (thule 430 towers, or Yakima control towers) - The best option for strength is to utilize the raingutters... the factory racks are garbage - plastic vs. steel essentially. My preference are Thule 300 towers - less plastic and one adjustment for bar width and attachement to the gutter. Just my thoughts.
S.

There is a company called Zactical Ranch that sells roof racks on e-bay. Mine has round cross bars, but is about a foot or so short of running the length of the roof. It does mount on the existing roof rack. They are very cheap, too. Mine cost $270!

Back