• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie Rods are shot, need recomendations for replacement!

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Ok, so my tie rods are pretty bad, time to replace, and i would like to make stronger, looking at three options:
1 is the curries system
1 is the rustys kit
1 is to go with the zj replacement (do not really know what this is exactly)

What do you recomend, i have searched and havd alot of different input, primarly want my steering to be a little stronger.

The Currie steering is hard to beat, strong components, and it works well.

I have Aj's HD tie rod. This replaces the TR as well as upgrades you TRE's. The TRE are for 1/2 ton Full size Dodge pickup but fit D30 knuckles perfect. If AJ is still offering them then I would go this route. I think I only paid like $75 for the TR.

As far as the ZJ TR replacement. You are replacing the tie rod with a substatially stronger TR and replacing your TRE's with ends the size of the TRE that connects to your pitman arm which are bigger.

I had a badly bent TR, so without investing a lot of money into my D30 AJ's was a great replacement as well as a good upgrade.

Last edited:
Jeepinoutfitters has Big Daddy tie rods for 69.95$.
bd_tr_tjxjzj.jpg

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=109#

Back