• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The XJ gets some ZJ flavor.

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Seats are out of a 96 ZJ. They bolted directly into the XJ. I used the XJ seat sliders on the ZJ seats. They fit perfectly and are 100 times more comfortable and clean than my old broken down stockers. Not a bad saturday afternoon project.

f3a661b4.jpg

f3a661b1.jpg

ahhhhhh. I want my seats so bad! I got a set of 95's off ebay for 250 shipped, same color as yours. Glad to know they fit easily.

imma honky said:
ahhhhhh. I want my seats so bad! I got a set of 95's off ebay for 250 shipped, same color as yours. Glad to know they fit easily.

Cool. I got mine at a Junkyard for $75. Woo Hoo.

ErikL said:
i've been thinking about trying this with my 94.... would it be as easy for mine as it was yours? if so it is getting done this weekend

I don't believe that ZJ seats bolt directly onto 84-95 seat sliders and hardware. I could be mistaken but i believe that there is some fab work involved pre-96. HTH.

I was under the impression that '95s were the first year they changed the seats and floorboards, not '96. :confused:

Do the ZJ seats sit any higher? I'm tall and can't afford to loose any head room, but this looks like a great mod!

DaveD912 said:
Do the ZJ seats sit any higher? I'm tall and can't afford to loose any head room, but this looks like a great mod!

Yea they seem to sit about an inch or so higher. I didn't measure just what I can tell from sitting in them. HTH.

95 and 96 Seat mounts and floor pans should be the same. 94 is not the same...so 84-94 would need modification.

Back