• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

If you had an 8" lift what company would you use for...

xjxjeep

NAXJA Forum User
If you had a 8" lift on your Jeep what company's track bar would you use? I have a 8" lift on my Jeep and the only company that I can find that have a track bar capable of 8" + is Rusty's but people say that I should stay away from Rusty's stuff. I have a track bar in place right now but it is at maximum adjustment.

Im sorry "cut and sleved"? Im not a fabricator im sorry but it would be nice if you could elaborate. I have a Rubicon Express HD Track Bar w/ required barcket. I sware at any moment it's going to pop out of the socket. Im scared to even go wheeling until i get more threads on there and the axel back into center. (which i will need allot of threading to do get the axel center again)

or drill the axle bracket...

or go to the JKS OAB and some form of OTK and drop pitman arm...

Ive had no problem with rusty track bar or any of his products, been running there stuff for 2 years now

I have the standard RE trackbar and the heim joint wears very quickly.

Avoid the heim!

Now that I have drilled out the stock mount to accomodate the RE POS my only option is to get a new one that includes a mount if I want to get rid of it, which I will soon. Probably should have done that the first time.

I've seen tons of guys with the rusty's tracbar all the way up to 9", sleeved, redrilled holes, whatever. Rusty's parts have increased in quality as I've seen, it's just the actual brace that needs some revamping.

RockKrawer has a drop track-bar mount and track-bar designed for 8" of lift. All for a little less than $200 IIRC.

off road general store sells a do-it-yourself kit, (I think I got mine through them - but it is another dude who actually makes it and supplies ORG in small quantities) I am very happy with mine, if you can't weld take the parts to a welder for him to do; should be cheap. I modified a RE track bar support to work with my setup and I am runnin 8" with NO bumpsteer (terra flex steering though).

Back