• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FlareLess

jeepcherokeethng

NAXJA Forum User
Well i took my flares off dont look to bad. Im goin to trim the front but as for in the rear what did do you do? Ive seen your not soposed to trim past the pinch weld or youll have a hole. Ive got 4.5in and 32's. I cant find the link on how to roll the rear metal in.

Last edited:
jeepcherokeethng said:
Well i took my flares off dont look to bad. Im goin to trim the front but as for in the rear what did do you do? Ive seen your not soposed to trim past the pinch weld or youll have a hole. Ive got 4.5in and 32's. I cant find the link on how to roll the rear metal in.
cut into teeth, use a hammer to hammer back

The cut, fold and roll technique is a little overboard and looks like crap. There is no reason to cut past most of the pinch welds for anything smaller than 35's. I say most because for 35's, I have managed to trim into the very lowest pinch welds at the front and rear of the wheel well. Here is my fender trimming article that might help you out: http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/fender_trimming.htm

I'm running 4.5" and 34" Trxus.

Yeah, with 32's you don't have to trim that much. Even with bigger tires the rubbing problems are at the bottom (front and back of the wheel well), not so much at the top. On the top, you can tap the edge back with a rubber hammer without cutting any slots in it, but you shouldn't need to with 32's.

On mine with 5" and 31's I had to cut right to the pinch welds on the rear. Now with the 33's and same lift I'll probably end up cutting even farther back.

I just trimmed my front up to the fender fold line for 32s with 4.5"
I think this trimming was completely necessary, although I could fit 33s no problem now
DSCF0410.jpg

I just need to trim the rear up to the pinch welds and bumper caps

IMO, use a cut off wheel, not the cut, fold, and roll method
It was my first time hacking and it came out pretty damn clean

It doesn't matter how much lift you have, the tires still need to fit into the same hole when you flex. I trimed everything off where the fender is flat. it's about 2" at the top and I widened the well at the bottom and then cut the quarter panel off flush with the bottom of the tail lights. I welded the inner well back on and put new sheet metal under the qurter panel. There is tons of room in there now. I have 4.5" of lift can easily clear 36s, can probably clear 38s. I don't have any good pics right now.

Back