• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent RE trackbar?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, while I was battling bad bearing, leaky seal and other goodies in my D30 I've looked up at the trackbar and it looked kind of weird. Now I'm wondering: is the RE trackbar brand new) bent in 2D or 3D (hard to explain but I think the 2plane and 3 plane bend is the best way to describe it) cause mine is bent in 3D.

T&A-XJ said:
The HD one is 3d not sure about the standard one.
Yeah, it's the HD one. In that case then I gotta crawl underneath again and figure out why it looks "odd". Anyways that will have to wait till tomorrow.

Does it look like this?

DSCN0424.JPG

well this one has been shortened but the bend agles are the same.

Looks like I'm gonna have to take it off to take a closer look as it looks like the bent that goes towards the superflex joint is in 3 planes.

Thats the way theyre made.Looking from the drivers side it comes off the axle parllel to the ground and axle,then it kicks up AND foward,then it bends back to the rear and semi-parralel to the ground!

Just installed the exact same one last week on my rig. The curves on your t-bar in the pic shows exactly how it is suppose to be, it is not bent from what I can see.

Remi, lay off the peyote....your trackbar is bent where it should be, what's next? Hey folks, my coils have this odd, circular twist to them, and my hatch won't open when flexed up......... :wow:

XJEEPER said:
Remi, lay off the peyote....your trackbar is bent where it should be, what's next? Hey folks, my coils have this odd, circular twist to them, and my hatch won't open when flexed up......... :wow:
ummmm peyote :D Well I am on the right track though: I had some steering related clunk and when I originally looked my trackbar was kind of wedged which gave it an appearance of having too much bend in one direction. As I said a closer examination did reveal though the superflex joint being way too loose.

Back