• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Herculined Rusty XJ Flares

aparke4

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for some feedback and info/comments etc... just got done on the front rusty fiberglass fenders ie cutting, rivets and finishing herculiner on top and about 2 inches around the sheet metal. Here are the pics and such...also any addition feeling about the rear fenders? i have cut up about 5 - 6 from stock on the front but obviouslt the rears are a little different... i am planning on taking a few more inches off, gutting out the rear portions of the xj and hammering them back and then seam welding the rear tub before installing the flares... i figure if your going to cut go for it...my xj will be seeing 35's soon but i have heard some negative feedback about cutting the rear fenders under the rear bumper...hopefull if you can see in my pics (i will add more and get some daylight ones also) i want the bottom of the xj to be even with my rear bumpers...anyway i need to include more pics than i have which i will do later tonight...anyway any comments feedback please add...also the finished fronts will be on tomorow with all the tape removed!

Last edited:
516bnl

516brq

516bsw

516bv6

516bya

516byt

516c06

516c8l

516dsk

516dt4

516dtw

516dxe

516dz9

516dzs

516e0i

516e0y

ok i have the image thing down...first thing tomorow i will get on the ball for better pics in the day time and i pulled all the tape off so lemme hear what ya think...

Just me, but that looks horrible. Why would you do that? Rears, you can either cut and fold or reweld your wheel wells. Search for rear fenders and quarter panels.

x2...why would you do that?
Starboard M said:
Just me, but that looks horrible. Why would you do that? Rears, you can either cut and fold or reweld your wheel wells. Search for rear fenders and quarter panels.

It looks like you may have got just a drop on two on the body and not on the flares....but otherwise looks pretty clean.

NOT!

umm... wow.

To each, his own. :anon:

ok last few differnet angles

51brbo

51brcy

51brdt

51brep

why has it been done? i have rhino lined the sides up to the sport trim so it follows the lines and the extra protection helps with brush and rocks being flung up...also it covered up some old scars so the jeep will be somewhat protected from scratches from bushes and limbs and flinging debris

to have your front end herculined all over the place then leave the rear fenders bare and with holes? What? Sorry man, it may be effective, but it looks terrible.

just my opinion

ok ok the rears are being done soon i still need to get a hold of my buddies plasma torch and seam weld the rears quarter panels where the seams are before i tackle the rears! ok for aesthetics i am getting pretty much negative thoughts... thats fine man any other thoughts appreciated...thanks.

the rears are being done but a few issues still need to be delt with! my rear bumper is in the way of where the rear fender needs to go so bear with me on that!

ckh550 said:
to have your front end herculined all over the place then leave the rear fenders bare and with holes? What? Sorry man, it may be effective, but it looks terrible.

just my opinion
I agree, it would look better if it was just the flares.

ok well the rears should be done within the next week or so...then i will match the rear with the bedliner and such about as high as the fronts... against the general consensus of the people who have posted...then the finished pics will be posted...then yall can rant and rave about how bad it looks...:laugh3:

as for me i like the idea and the black accents the color of my jeep along with the rock krawlers tires and olympic sliders... anyway i think the function will overtake the form in this case... i run a lot of narrow trails with brush limbs etc and the rhino lining along the sides and the fenders/ sheet metal will help overall with abrasion... anything chips i can file and patch with a dab of leftover bedliner...

but the liner only covers some of the fenders from brush, what about all the doors, the hood, the roof...could just spray the whole truck..:laugh3:

Back