• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comanche gas tank skid?

NotMatt

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, looking for some input on a gas tank skid for my brother's Comanche. Anybody know if any factory skids exist that would bolt on, or are there any companies that make aftermarket ones? If it comes down to it, we'll probably build one, but just looking for some options.

I'm only really asking about the gas tank skid because as far as I can tell, that's the only one that would be majorly different than an XJ. T-case/belly skids look like everything would just bolt up, and the front suspension is all the same so the factory front stuff should bolt up, as well as engine/transmission skids.

If you two guys are going to do a deal, be sure you both have longbeds, or both have shortbeds. The gas tanks and skids are different on the shortbeds than on the longbeds.

Eagle said:
If you two guys are going to do a deal, be sure you both have longbeds, or both have shortbeds. The gas tanks and skids are different on the shortbeds than on the longbeds.

My brother's rig is a short bed. MJ1990, is your skid plate an OEM or aftermarket?

MJ1990buildup said:
it is OEM
Okay -- but longbed or shortbed? They are NOT the same.

Went to the junkyard yesterday (well... Olympic 4x4 in Snohomish, basically a jeep junkyard with high prices to match). They only had two comanches, both shortbeds, but no factory skid plates on either.

I'm thinking we'll probably just end up fabbing something up, it'll probably be stronger than the factory skid anyway if it compares to the factory cherokee gas tank skids... which reminds me I need to reinforce that OEM one on my Cherokee. :)

Back