• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Polyurethane bushings for MJ

fiatslug87

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning to replace all front and rear bushings on my '89 MJ Pioneer.
I just called Daystar and was told they don't make a kit for the MJ and the
XJ bushing super kit is different because of the rear springs. Now I
get a Quadratec catalog and they have a set which is labeled for XJ and
MJ made by Daystar??? What have you guys used? Is there a complete kit
out there or did you have to piece meal it together?
Thanks.

BrettM said:
they are different, definitley the front one, maybe the rear
??????

The front suspension? Or do you mean the forward bushing on the rear leaf springs?

The front suspension of an XJ is identical to that of an MJ and all the bushings will work just fine. Even though my MJs currently outnumber the XJs, I've never bothered to measure the leaf spring bushing diameter so I can't say if the XJ leaf spring bushings will also work in an MJ.

Let me provide you with my opinion. I installed front control arm, trac bar, and sway bar bushings from energy suspension. Go to suspension.com, call the guy. He knows alot, he said daystar bushings are terrible, and energy are by far the best. Don't even bother with the rear leaf bushings, just extra money and a pain in the ass. After I installed these, my handling was drastically sharper, and the ride was actually better. Be sure to grease the front sway bar bushings, or the ride will be rough!

Back