• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5" lift - rear brake line???????

Grizzley

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, search didn't come up with the info I wanted. I know the YJ rear line will work for 4" lifts, what's available for 5" besides aftermarket? Anyone find a long one with a "T" block on the end?

Grizzley said:
Alright, search didn't come up with the info I wanted. I know the YJ rear line will work for 4" lifts, what's available for 5" besides aftermarket? Anyone find a long one with a "T" block on the end?

my YJ line still works with this lift:
4fwrpy

i think that the only thing saving me is my .5" of down travel with myn rear shocks... (made for a 3.5" lift)

Grizzley said:

cut and reposition the top bracket... my 90 has the top bracket dropped about 4 inches and set forward about an inch. just figure out the slack on the metal line and remount acordingly.

Thanks for the info. Wish I had one to measure so I could be sure though. Cause when I jack up the body, there's a lot of droop.

17side1.jpg

Just finished everything today except the e-brake (got that figured out), redrilling the tracbar mount for the RE adjustable (sticker shock for a 5/8's drill) and the rear brake lines.

I run a 96 2WD Dakota line at 6" of lift.

Grizzley said:
Thanks for the info. Wish I had one to measure so I could be sure though. Cause when I jack up the body, there's a lot of droop.

17side1.jpg

Just finished everything today except the e-brake (got that figured out), redrilling the tracbar mount for the RE adjustable (sticker shock for a 5/8's drill) and the rear brake lines.

haha I bought the drill then took it back once I drilled the hole.

What bracket?Mine was a direct replacement?

Back