• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuse where?

digger4u said:
Is there a fuse somewhere for teh fuel pump? If so where is it?

Did you check the inertia switch? Passanger side footwell, behind the right plastic, black box, white push button. It will trip on a large impact.

Rev

Thanx for the fast reply Rev. Ok do you mean in the cab or under the hood. If its in the cab, is it behind the plastic held on with the screws,( never had that off)

Kejtar said:
Big question is what year?
Second that might be appropriate is why are you looking for it and what are the symptoms?

You need to learn to speak midwest.

Jeep won't run, no power to fuel pump at connector...HELP. Jeep is a '90.

Of course....I could be wrong......

Rev

Yes....sit in the passanger seat...nest to your right foot. You may even be able to reach it by reaching over the top of that plastic panel. the button should click when you press it.

Sorry Kejtar Jeep is a 90 auto, 4.0, i am not getting any fuel to the rail and i am trying to check quick things first.

?? Square black box? Been a while...try the drivers side...sorry. Your owners manual should also tell you where it is....I am not at home or I would look at my 90 and tell you for sure. You should be able to hit the switch with the panel on, just reach over the top...right under the edge of the dash. Switch is mounted to the side of the Jeep...button is on top. It fairly big...like 2X3 inches.

Hmmm

Rev

digger4u said:
Sorry Kejtar Jeep is a 90 auto, 4.0, i am not getting any fuel to the rail and i am trying to check quick things first.

OK, does your year have a balast resistor? If so, check that. Also does your year have the auto shutdown relay? If so check that as well. How did you verify lack of fuel at the rail?

Try looking under the hood. You should find a ballast resistor on the drive side fenderwell. It's about 3" long and shoud be a cream color. Two wires plug onto it. If it's unpluged or bad the Jeep won't get any fuel and thus won't start.

Rev I never found that box anywhere. Haven't really messed with it seeing as i am short on time thru the week , will see what i find on sat.

digger4u said:
Rev I never found that box anywhere. Haven't really messed with it seeing as i am short on time thru the week , will see what i find on sat.

Maybe I have been working to hard? I will be home Friday PM and check mine, look for a PM Friday afternoon.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Maybe I have been working to hard? I will be home Friday PM and check mine, look for a PM Friday afternoon.

Rev

YUP>>>Working to hard. Wrong vehicle.

Digger...I am very sorry for causing you to look for a non-existant switch. I am a dumbazz.

Rev

That's ok Rev, at least I wasnt sent looking for 100 ft of flight line or a gallon of prop wash!!!
Probably tomaroo mourning i'll get out there and start narrowing this problem down. Going to start by taking the out bound line off in front of the fuel filter and see if my pump is even working. I think I can hear it pressurize the system when i turn the key on, but it doesnt sound near as loud as it used to. Any suggestion, Besides the little box :laugh3: .
Thanx digger

Back